- Check In time: 14:00 – 22:00 (Other check-in times upon request)
Check Out time: 11:00 am
- Minimum Stay: 2 nights (1 night stay may be avail for a surcharge of $10 usd).
- We do not accept credit cards on site.
- Children 14 years of age or older.
- Lost keys charge: $25.00 USD
- Damages to and items taken from Las Escaleras will be charged to the guest for replacement/repair costs.
- All persons on Las Escaleras property must be registered guests. Please, no outside guests without owners’ approval.
Rates on the website are in US Dollars and based on single or double occupancy. Taxes and fees are included.
All payments in Mexican pesos or US Dollars, cash only.
We do not accept credit cards on site.
There is an ATM around the corner…ATM’s offer the best exchange rate.
50% deposit due at time of booking. Once an online reservation is generated, you will receive a PayPal invoice for the deposit amount. The deposit invoice is due upon receipt. No PayPal account is required, and all major credit cards are accepted. The remaining balance is due, in cash (MXN or USD), upon arrival at the premises.
If you find you must cancel your reservations, we will gladly make a refund based upon the following:
- More than 21 days prior to scheduled check in: 75% refund of deposit
- Less than 21 days prior to scheduled check in: 0% refund of deposit
- During the stay (reduction of nights): 0% refund — Charged full amount of original reservation
Questions and Answers:
Q: Can 3 people share a room?
A: No. We have 3 rooms, each room can accommodate 2 people. At this time, we cannot accommodate extra guests. If you are traveling with a friend and prefer not to share a bed, we do have a single bed that we can setup for an additional fee of $10USD per night.
Q: Is airport transportation available?
A: Yes, for an additional fee of $300 pesos each way. Please let us know when booking if you require this service. We can transport up to 4 people and their luggage.
Q: I’m leaving early, can I check out the night before I leave?
A: Yes, please settle the bill the night before you leave. For early morning departures, you can simply leave the keys in your room.
Q: Can I cook in the guest kitchen?
A: Absolutely! Just be sure to clean-up after yourself. The kitchen is available to guests from 8am-10pm daily.
Q: Can I store food in the fridge?
A: Yes. Check the fridge before you shop and use common sense. There are colored tubs for your use. Please store your food in your tub.
Q: Is there a TV in my room?
A: No. Most people travel with tablets and laptops these days. Feel free to enjoy the Wi-Fi in your room with your own device. Each room has its own dedicated WiFi access point.
Q: What if I get sick?
A: We are here to help… We have a medical service available 24-hours, who will gladly come to your room to assist you. There are also many pharmacies within walking distance.
Q: Can I bring my pets?
A: Sorry, pets are not accepted.
Q: Can I park my rental car nearby?
A: YES. There is free parking on the street, and there is a secure parking lot 1 block north. Merida is very safe, and none of our guests has had any problems with on-street parking.